- Spread the LOVE - Mixed Media Artwork | Ages 10-16 - Supporting the Katie Whysong Scholarship for the Arts
October 15, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:15 pm
- Friday Evening Workshop
Event Phone: 412-968-5858
Proceeds will go to the Katie Whysong Scholarship for the Arts.
Help Spread the Love! We will be creating artwork with messages of positivity, acceptance, and love! We will combine drawing, painting, collage and lettering to create a beautiful and unique mixed-media artwork that speaks to our hearts. We will create a cool background using printmaking and collage techniques. There will be a drawn or painted image on top. Then, the students will be able to choose from a number of uplifting quotes and positive messages, and they will incorporate their chosen message into their mixed-media artwork. If you have a special quote or message that speaks to you, please email it to us before the workshop (email@example.com). Please make sure that the artists eat prior to the workshop as we cannot offer snacks this year, and please read about our Covid-19 procedure below.
Katie had a dream to spread positive messages in the world, and therefore, this workshop is inspired by Katie’s vision and by The Positive Painting Project, which has been created in her honor. Read about both the scholarship fund and the Positive Painting Project below.
Due to Covid-19, there will be no snacks provided this year.
Coming with a group? Please leave me a comment on the registration page so that you may be seated together.
Course materials are included in the price of the class.
- The safety of our students and of the community at large is our number one priority. Therefore, we have instituted the following procedures for our in-person classes and workshops at Artissima. Parents/guardians of the student will sign a Covid-19 Declaration Form, Release & Questionnaire before the class starts.
- Artissima and our instructors will…
- Accommodate only a limited number of students in each class to ensure social distancing.
- Wash/Sanitize our hands before and after each session.
- Wear our masks at all times.
- Take his or her temperature before coming to class to ensure that it is below 100.4F.
- Instructors are vaccinated. However, we will cancel the class if they have any symptoms related to Covid-19.
- Clean/Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and the bathroom before and after class. Clean/Disinfect the bathroom during the class as necessary.
- Provide sanitizers at the entrance and automatic soap dispensers and automatic paper towels for the students to use to avoid contamination.
- All students will receive individual materials for each project.
We are requesting that each of our students, please…
- Aprons: Bring aprons or wear clothing appropriate for a mess. Artissima Studio will not be providing aprons.
- Take your Temperature: Parent/Guardian will take child’s temperature at home before entering the premises to ensure that it is below 100.4 F. If you arrive at class, it is assumed that you have taken your temperature.
- Face Masks: All participants are asked to wear face masks.
- Hand Sanitizers: When entering and exiting the studio, use the automatic hand sanitizer at the studio.
- Entering the Studio: Students will enter the studio one at a time.
- Exiting the Studio: Students will exit the studio one at a time.
- Socially Distance: Maintain a safe distance from others at all times.
- Using the Bathroom & Sink: Only one student at a time washes his or her hands or goes to the bathroom. There will be no “lines” to use the sink or the bathroom.
- Water: Carry his or her own bottle for drinking water (if necessary) and it will be placed at his or her seat.
- Personal Items: Do not bring any personal items unless there is a medical necessity. Any personal items cleared to stay in the studio must be kept in a plastic bag and kept at your seat.
- Guests: No guests may enter the studio aside from the participants in the class.
Students will be asked to agree to follow procedures outlined above each week to ensure the safety of all parties.
We will do our best to protect all students, and we feel confident that the students will have an enjoyable and creative experience even with the extra measures put in place to guarantee the safety of everyone.