- Art Fundamentals & Techniques | Ages 9-12
September 21, 2021 - December 7, 2021
4:30 pm - 5:45 pm
- 11 Tuesday Classes
No Class on November 23
Event Phone: 412-968-5858
**Registration will be available starting on Wednesday, July 21. If this class is sold out, please email us at email@example.com, and you will be placed on our waiting list. If spots open up, you will be the first to know!**
We will teach the fundamentals of art-making, specifically drawing and painting. Students will build a strong foundation and confidence as they develop their techniques. We will focus on honing our skills of observation and interpretation of the world around us into artwork. We never repeat projects! Please read about our Covid procedure below.
Dates: There is NO CLASS on November 23
- Budding artists: Take an artistic journey and build upon your skills, one step at a time!
- Discovering design: In this class, students will acquire a solid technical foundation, and with each new project they will explore different aspects of the elements of design: line, color, shape/form, space, value/shading, pattern/texture.
- Experimenting with materials: The curriculum is designed so that students will explore different mediums and techniques with each new project introduced. Students will also learn how to combine different materials to create a successful artwork.
- Developing techniques: Students will learn how to utilize different types of materials and tools, and they will practice the proper techniques and processes associated with the particular media and subject matter that they are exploring.
- Exploring themes: Each project will introduce a new theme where the students will explore the subject matter and the associated vocabulary.
- No repeating projects: Our art projects are never duplicated. Every semester, we hope to build and reinforce the exposure to different materials, techniques and processes. We encourage kids to continue taking the class in their age range so that they may acquire a confidant approach and strong artistic foundation.
- Creative encouragement: We encourage creativity and individualized interpretation of the art projects introduced.
- Inspired by the greats: Throughout the class, we will draw inspiration from famous artists and by the world that surrounds us.
- Students will have a blast while experimenting and finding their artistic voice.
Course materials are included in the price of the class.
The safety of our students and of the community at large is our number one priority. Therefore, we have instituted the following procedures for our in-person classes at Artissima:
-Parents/guardians of the student will sign a Covid-19 Declaration Form, Release & Questionnaire.
-By signing the Declaration Form, parents/guardians agree to take the temperature of the student before coming to class. The student’s arrival at class indicates that the student’s temperature is below 100.4 F.
Artissima instructors are vaccinated. We will…
- Wash/Sanitize our hands before and after each session.
- Take his or her temperature before coming to class to ensure that it is below 100.4F.
- Instructors will cancel the class if they have any symptoms related to Covid-19.
- Clean/Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and the bathroom before and after class.
- Provide sanitizers at the entrance and automatic soap dispensers and automatic paper towels for the students to use to avoid contamination.
- All students will receive individual materials for each project. There will be no sharing of materials.
We are requesting that each of our students, please…
- Aprons: Bring aprons or wear clothing appropriate for a mess. Artissima Studio will not be providing aprons during this uncertain time.
- Take your Temperature: Parent/Guardian will take child’s temperature at home before entering the premises to ensure that it is below 100.4 F. If you arrive at class, it is assumed that you have taken your temperature.
- Face Masks: Masks will be required for the fall semester. We are following the Fox Chapel school district and CDC guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizers: When entering and exiting the studio, use the hand sanitizer at the studio.
- Using the Bathroom & Sink: Only one student at a time washes his or her hands or goes to the bathroom. There will be no “lines” to use the sink or the bathroom. Students will be called one by one.
- Water: Carry his or her own bottle for drinking water (if necessary) and it will be placed at his or her seat.
- Personal Items: Do not bring any personal items unless there is a medical necessity. Any personal items cleared to stay in the studio must be kept in a plastic bag.
- Guests: No parents, guardians or other patrons are allowed to stay in the studio during the class.
- Drop Off: Students will enter the studio one at a time for drop off.
- Pick Up: One student can exit at a time for pick up. The parent should not enter the studio—please stand in front of the door, and the student will come out to meet you.
Students will be asked to agree to follow procedures outlined above each week to ensure the safety of all parties.
We will do our best to protect all students, and we feel confident that the students will have an enjoyable, didactic and creative experience even with the extra measures put in place to guarantee the safety of everyone.
|Art Fundamentals & Techniques | Ages 9-12||$350.00 (USD)||Sold Out|