- Fall & Spring Semesters: Art Fundamentals & Techniques
September 12, 2018 - May 8, 2019
5:45 pm - 7:00 pm
- 27 Wednesday Evening Classes
No Class November 21st, March 20th and 27th
- Spring Semester: Art Fundamentals & Techniques
January 23, 2019 - May 8, 2019
5:45 pm - 7:00 pm
- 14 Wednesday Evening Classes
No Class March 20th and March 27th
Event Phone: 412-968-5858
***DISCOUNT for FULL YEAR Fall/Spring package***
- Budding artists: Take an artistic journey and build upon your skills, one step at a time!
- Discovering design: In this class, students will acquire a solid technical foundation, and with each new project they will explore different aspects of the elements of design: line, color, shape/form, space, value/shading, pattern/texture.
- Experimenting with materials: The curriculum is designed so that students will explore different mediums and techniques with each new project introduced. Students will also learn how to combine different materials to create a successful artwork.
- Developing techniques: Students will learn how to utilize different types of materials and tools, and they will practice the proper techniques and processes associated with the particular media and subject matter that they are exploring.
- Exploring themes: Each project will introduce a new theme where the students will explore the subject matter and the associated vocabulary.
- No repeating projects: Our art projects are never duplicated. Every semester, we hope to build and reinforce the exposure to different materials, techniques and processes. We encourage kids to continue taking the class in their age range so that they may acquire a confidant approach and strong artistic foundation.
- Creative encouragement: We encourage creativity and individualized interpretation of the art projects introduced.
- Inspired by the greats: Throughout the class, we will draw inspiration from famous artists and by the world that surrounds us.
- Students will have a blast while experimenting and finding their artistic voice.
Course materials are included in the price of the class.
We're sorry, but all ticket sales have ended.