- Art Fundamentals & Techniques | Ages 8-11 : ONLINE
September 27, 2021 - December 6, 2021
6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
- 10 Monday Evening Classes
No Class on November 22
Event Phone: 412-968-5858
Dates: There is NO CLASS on November 22 for Thanksgiving Break
- We will complete some awesome art projects this semester, and we will be instructing our students via Zoom!
- Material Pickup: We will be providing take-home kits for supplies necessary to complete the project. We will provide a pick-up time where students can retrieve the supplies that they will need for the class. Students will keep these great newly-purchased supplies.
- Each week:
- Everyone Starts: Zoom starts at 6:00pm on Monday. Please be set up with your supplies before the class starts.
- Our set up- Your set up: We will have our camera set up towards an easel and the work space so that we can demonstrate each step of the project. Ideally, you can have your camera set up so that we can consistently see you working on your artwork. Otherwise, you can show us your progress as you have questions along the way.
- We can provide different suggestions for the best way to allow us to see your progress as you work from home.
- Budding artists: Take an artistic journey and build upon your skills, one step at a time!
- Discovering design: In this class, students will acquire a solid technical foundation, and with each new project they will explore different aspects of the elements of design: line, color, shape/form, space, value/shading, pattern/texture.
- Experimenting with materials: The curriculum is designed so that students will explore different mediums and techniques with each new project introduced.
- Developing techniques: Students will learn how to utilize different types of materials and tools, and they will practice the proper techniques and processes associated with the particular media and subject matter that they are exploring.
- Exploring themes: Each project will introduce a new theme where the students will explore the subject matter and the associated vocabulary.
- No repeating projects: Our art projects are never duplicated. Every semester, we hope to build and reinforce the exposure to different materials, techniques and processes. We encourage kids to continue taking the class in their age range so that they may acquire a confidant approach and strong artistic foundation.
- Creative encouragement: We encourage creativity and individualized interpretation of the art projects introduced.
- Inspired by the greats: Throughout the class, we will draw inspiration from famous artists and by the world that surrounds us.
- Students will have a blast while experimenting and finding their artistic voice.
Course materials are included in the price of the class.
Online event registration and ticketing powered by Event Espresso