- Art Challenge Fall & Spring Semesters
September 12, 2018 - May 8, 2019
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- 27 Wednesday Evening Classes
No Class on November 21st, March 20th and March 27th
- Art Challenge Spring Semester
January 23, 2019 - May 8, 2019
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- 14 Wednesday Evening Classes
No Class on March 20th and March 27th
Event Phone: 412-968-5858
***DISCOUNT for FULL YEAR Fall/Spring package***
- Artists who want to grow: This class is designed for students who want to hone their artistic skills and who are looking for a healthy challenge. The students will be given more responsibility for their art making, and they are encouraged to grow and exercise their creative muscles in a positive environment with like-minded creative kids. Students do not need to have prior instruction, but they must understand that is a class that focuses on serious artistic instruction. The class is also a lot of fun, especially for kids that have mastered talking and creating work at the same time!
12 Art Challenges: There are a total of 12 “art challenges” that are specifically crafted to ensure that the students develop their artistic skills. They will gain a well rounded understanding of the elements of design and exposure to different materials, techniques, and applications. In the process, they will learn about contemporary and historical artists that inspire each particular challenge.
- 2-3 Challenges per semester: Students will tackle between two and three “art challenges” in a given semester. Students are encouraged to develop thoughtful and individualized works of art that will require multiple classes to complete. The students will first be introduced to the challenge using art historical and contemporary artists to inspire the artwork. The instructor will take the time necessary to teach the students the concept, skills, materials, and/or techniques associated with the challenge and will provide time for practice. Then, the students will “make it their own” and develop their unique vision for the artwork within the constructs and parameters of the challenge.
- Building versatility and skills: By completing all 12 challenges, the student will achieve a skill set that will serve as a strong and broad foundation for creating sophisticated work in the future using whatever materials or techniques that are best suited for their ideas. Reaching these goals will help students gain versatility with various materials and acquire understanding of important principles that will allow their creativity to have no bounds..
- Composition: Students will be challenged to focus on the unity of of their design and overall composition. They will be forced to think independently, learn how to edit, and make smart choices so that they have a successful composition in the end. Thinking of the whole picture is very important at this stage in their artistic development.
- Curriculum: The curriculum is focused primarily on 2-D artistic practices.
- Creative thinkers: Students will be encouraged to think creatively, reflect upon their work, engage in class discussions, and have a great time as they grow as artists.
Course materials are included in the price of the class.
We're sorry, but all ticket sales have ended.